• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

I love artichokes too!  I think I had good success after some try/fail doing them in the IP........I will have to look back....

OMG this all sounds so good.  

More about the chicken recipe please and also mac and cheese recipe please.  When you have time :) 

Chicken's about the easiest thing you can do. Equal parts chili powder and brown sugar. Plastic bag. Shake 'em up. Wrap each tender in a strip of bacon. Bake at 350 some 20-25 minutes. Turn on the broiler to crisp the bacon if it's not quite there.

I quartered and parboiled (maybe 4-5 minutes) some small Yukon golds and put them underneath the chicken tenders, which were on a rack. Drippings from the bacon and chicken flavor them marvelously. You want to line your pan with foil for this, or just throw it away. It's pretty horrible to clean up.

Mac and cheese -- I boil a pound of elbow macaroni in salted water and mix it with 3-4 tbsp of butter, 4 oz grated sharp cheddar, 4 oz Velveeta in small cubes, a splash of heavy cream and some whole milk. I don't measure. I will sometimes stick it in a baking dish and top with Parmigiano and breadcrumbs, and sometimes not. Guaranteed to do nasty things to your arteries and your cholesterol.

kayb

kayb

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

I love artichokes too!  I think I had good success after some try/fail doing them in the IP........I will have to look back....

OMG this all sounds so good.  

More about the chicken recipe please and also mac and cheese recipe please.  When you have time :) 

Chicken's about the easiest thing you can do. Equal parts chili powder and brown sugar. Plastic bag. Shake 'em up. Wrap each tender in a strip of bacon. Bake at 350 some 20-25 minutes. Turn on the broiler to crisp the bacon if it's not quite there.

I quartered and parboiled (maybe 4-5 minutes) some small Yukon golds and put them underneath the chicken tenders, which were on a rack. Drippings from the bacon and chicken flavor them marvelously.

Mac and cheese -- I boil a pound of elbow macaroni in salted water and mix it with 3-4 tbsp of butter, 4 oz grated sharp cheddar, 4 oz Velveeta in small cubes, a splash of heavy cream and some whole milk. I don't measure. I will sometimes stick it in a baking dish and top with Parmigiano and breadcrumbs, and sometimes not. Guaranteed to do nasty things to your arteries and your cholesterol.