• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

4 hours ago, ElsieD said:

Those look GOOD!  What did you stuff them with?

Thanks, @ElsieD

I browned about 9 oz. of lean ground beef with garlic, cumin, chili powder and S & P. Divided that up amongst the shells, covered that with fresh pica de gallo ( 1 large Roma tomato, equal amount of  diced sweet onion, a tsp. of ground cumin, a dash of salt, the juice of half a lime and about 2 TBS of finely chopped cilantro). I covered that with sharp cheddar cheese and put it the oven (350 F for 10  minutes) and served it with fresh salsa, more pica de gallo, and finely shredded cabbage.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

8 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Those look GOOD!  What did you stuff them with?

Thanks, @ElsieD

I browned about 9 oz. of lean ground beef with garlic, cumin, chili powder and S & P. Divided that up amongst the shells, covered that with fresh pica de gallo ( 1 large Roma tomato equal amount of  diced sweet onion, a tsp. of ground cumin, a dash of salt, the juice of half a lime and about 2 TBS of finely chopped cilantro). I covered that with sharp cheddar cheese and put it the oven (350 F for 10  minutes) and served it with fresh salsa, more pica de gallo, and finely shredded cabbage.

HC