• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

suzilightning

suzilightning

It didn't happen!!!!

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:26 AM, CantCookStillTry said:

Ok guys. What's the trick. How does one make creamy mushroom sauces look attractive in a photo? Am I cooking them wrong? They taste fine (if you can ignore the 'shrooms - yeah its not a meal for me) but mine always seem kinda grey and icky looking. Hence the super close up. 

One can't make creamy mushroom sauce look attractive.....it will usually look like cat regurgitation.

The sleet has gone over to heavy wet snow here.  I'm contemplating making (another) pot of Pam Reiss' Sweet Potato soup for John who had oral surgery on Tuesday and is eating soft food for another few days.  I also have some ground bison and it's a throw up between Cincinnati chili and taco filling.......

Well power went out at 13:05 and still not back on.  NOTHING got made.  With any luck when I get back home from running errands hopefully it will have been restored ...but I'm not counting on it.

suzilightning

suzilightning

3 hours ago, CantCookStillTry said:

Ok guys. What's the trick. How does one make creamy mushroom sauces look attractive in a photo? Am I cooking them wrong? They taste fine (if you can ignore the 'shrooms - yeah its not a meal for me) but mine always seem kinda grey and icky looking. Hence the super close up. 

One can't make creamy mushroom sauce look attractive.....it will usually look like cat regurgitation.

The sleet has gone over to heavy wet snow here.  I'm contemplating making (another) pot of Pam Reiss' Sweet Potato soup for John who had oral surgery on Tuesday and is eating soft food for another few days.  I also have some ground bison and it's a throw up between Cincinnati chili and taco filling.......