• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

addition

17 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

The Pig Offal Soup with Goji Vegetable was delicious

I'm sure it was, but it's just our Western way of thinking that causes awful shivers to go down  our spine at the word offal. When you mentioned steak and kidney pie the other day my immediate thought was, yuck. Then I remembered that one of my favorite parts of fried chicken is the kidney. As youngest child in the family, whenever we had fried chicken, that was the piece I got. Until some of my older siblings left home, I didn't even know that the chicken had a breast.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

2 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

The Pig Offal Soup with Goji Vegetable was delicious

I'm sure it was, but it's just our Western way of thinking that causes shivers to go down  our spine at the word offal. When you mentioned steak and kidney pie the other day my immediate thought was, yuck. Then I remembered that one of my favorite parts of fried chicken is the kidney. As youngest child in the family, whenever we had fried chicken, that was the piece I got. Until some of my older siblings left home, I didn't even know that the chicken had a breast.