• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Everything looks so good but I would have to pass on the Pig Offal Soup with Goji Vegetable. The Bun Cups with Minced Pork and Vegetables intrigue me. They must be steamed since they don't, as a rule, bake their breads. But they have such a uniform golden color. Do they have some sort of flavoring in the dough? Have you any idea how they are formed? I would sure like to try making something like this.

They are steamed, yes. Brown buns are relatively common, but I forget how they are made. They are not flavoured, but rather it's the flour used, I think. I also think the dough is just formed by hand into that cup shape then steamed.

Pathetic answer I know, but I'll try to find out more. I was too busy eating them to ask tonight!

The Pig Offal Soup with Goji Vegetable was delicious! :D

liuzhou

liuzhou

56 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Everything looks so good but I would have to pass on the Pig Offal Soup with Goji Vegetable. The Bun Cups with Minced Pork and Vegetables intrigue me. They must be steamed since they don't, as a rule, bake their breads. But they have such a uniform golden color. Do they have some sort of flavoring in the dough? Have you any idea how they are formed? I would sure like to try making something like this.

They are steamed, yes. Brown buns are relatively common, but I forget how they are made. They are not flavoured, but rather it's the flour used, I think. I also think the dough is just formed by hand into that cup shape then steamed.

Pathetic answer I know, but I'll try to find out more. I was too busy eating them to ask tonight!

The Pig Offal Soup with Goji Vegetable was delicious! :D