• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I seem to have perfected the art of visually unappealing dishes over the last couple of days. Whatever you do, don't look at my latest offering on the Breakfast topic.

I blame distracting circumstances. And a 5ºC kitchen when it warms up. Tropical winter.

That said, please believe me, they tasted fine. Would I lie to you?

So, tonight, something I'm sure I've posted before. A favourite in Castle Liuzhou. Steak and kidney without the pie. Rough mashed potatoes. None of your puréed baby food nonsense! Cabbage was on the side but couldn't fit on the plate and, anyway, I find green clashes horribly with my delicately composed tableau.

sk.thumb.jpg.efe02daf3b2d7c278658a0ec245f7d3a.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

I seem to have perfected the art of visually unappealing dishes over the last couple of days. Whatecer you do, don't look at my latest offering on the Breakfast topic.

I blame distracting circumstances. And a 5ºC kitchen when it warms up. Tropical winter.

That said, please believe me, they tasted fine. Would I lie to you?

So, tonight, something I'm sure I've posted before. A favourite in Castle Liuzhou. Steak and kidney without the pie. Rough mashed potatoes. None of your puréed baby food nonsense! Cabbage was on the side but couldn't fit on the plate and, anyway, I find green clashes horribly with my delicately composed tableau.

sk.thumb.jpg.efe02daf3b2d7c278658a0ec245f7d3a.jpg