• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

3 hours ago, Shelby said:

Like I said, it was just a distant, dumb friend that wanted to know....   :ph34r:

:D

Well, if your distant, dumb friend is really set on the idea, Google could lead them to several recipes that put cheese either in the roll, under the sausage or on top of the rolls or both so it does seem to work.

I was introduced to sausage rolls by a coworker from the UK who always brought them to our holiday pot-luck lunches so the non-cheese version is the only one I would call a sausage roll,  particularly at this time of year.   If you happen to be in the position of introducing anyone to the sausage roll, I strongly suggest you consider the power you wield and remember the power of tradition xD

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

3 hours ago, Shelby said:

Like I said, it was just a distant, dumb friend that wanted to know....   :ph34r:

:D

Well, if your distant, dumb friend is really set on the idea, Google could lead them to several recipes that put cheese either in the roll, under the sausage or on top of the rolls or both so it does seem to work.

I was introduced to sausage rolls by a coworker from the UK who always brought them to our holiday pot-luck lunches so the non-cheese version is the only one I would call a sausage roll,  particularly at this time of year.   If you happen to be in the position of introducing anyone to the sausage roll, I strongly suggest you consider the power you wield in and remember the power of tradition xD