• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chris Hennes

Chris Hennes

Grammar.

Ancient Grain Bread: Buckwheat, Corn and Sorghum (KM p. 105)

This follows the same basic recipe as the Master Ancient Grain bread. The grains are swapped out, vital wheat gluten is added, and the hydration is tweaked. The inclusions this time around are sprouted buckwheat and freeze-dried corn. Overall I'd say the bread is good but not great, and I don't care for the freeze-dried corn inclusion (it gets gummy). Their photo appears to show a much darker crumb than I ended up with, which is interesting.

DSC_8226.jpg

DSC_8228.jpg

Chris Hennes

Chris Hennes

Ancient Grain Bread: Buckwheat, Corn and Sorghum (KM p. 105)

This follows the same basic recipe as the Master Ancient Grain bread. The grains are swapped out, vital wheat gluten is added, and the hydration is tweaked. The inclusions this time around are sprouted buckwheat and freeze-dried corn. Overall I'd say the bread is good but not great, and I don't care for the freeze-dried corn inclusion (it gets gummy). There photo appears to show a much darker crumb than I ended up with, which is interesting.

DSC_8226.jpg

DSC_8228.jpg