• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dcarch

dcarch

5 hours ago, jmacnaughtan said:

I'm unsure of your point concerning electric and electronic.  Never mind.

It's a little complicated, but I will explain. An electric mechanical compression motor is designed to operate vertically. It may have valves, interior refrigerant drain paths and thrust motor bearings which  should be operated only in their designed position. An electronic one, OTOH, has no moving parts. It uses a noiseless Peltier junction thermal electronic device to "pump" BTUs.

5 hours ago, jmacnaughtan said:

Tilting it backwards would, unfortunately, choke off the air circulation at the back of the cellar.  

All you need is to tile it about  two or three degrees to counteract gravity. It will not have any impact on anything. You refrigerator may have adjustable leveling legs to do that.

You can also get silicone bake sheets to separate the bottles. Will look much better than cardboard. They don't rot and dishwasher safe.

If you are in Paris, do take a look at earthquake risks in your zone and make appropriate preparations. 

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

3 hours ago, jmacnaughtan said:

It's a little complicated, but I will explain. An electric mechanical compression motor is designed to operate vertically. It may have valves, interior refrigerant drain paths and thrust motor bearings which  should be operated only in their designed position. An electronic one, OTOH, has no moving parts. It uses a noiseless Peltier junction thermal electronic device to "pump" BTUs.

Tilting it backwards would, unfortunately, choke off the air circulation at the back of the cellar.  

All you need is to tile it about  two or three degrees to counteract gravity. It will not have any impact on anything. You refrigerator may have adjustable leveling legs to do that.

You can also get silicone bake sheets to separate the bottles. Will look much better than cardboard. They don't rot and dishwasher safe.

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

It's a little complicated, but I will explain. An electric mechanical compression motor is designed to operate vertically. It may have valves, interior drain paths and thrush bearings which  should be operated only in their designed position. An electronic one, OTOH, has no moving parts. It uses a Peltier junction thermal electronic device to "pump" BTUs.

All you need is to tile it about  two or three degrees to counteract gravity. It will not has any impact on anything. You refrigerator may have adjustable leveling legs to do that.

dcarch