• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

Today I picked up a new to me product, Harvest Snaps Snapea Crisps. They are made by Calbee, North America and give a Boardman, OR address. I tried them tonight, and these are really, really good. The ingredients are: green peas, vegetable oil, rice, salt, calcium carbonate and Vitamin C. They are crunchy, but tender and made from what I think are whole dehydrated sugar snap pea pods. They claim, they're baked, but I'd call it more like dehydrated. The rice flour coating is thin. Maybe they are lightly baked after the peas are dehydrated and coated with rice flour? I paid $2.09 for a 3.3 oz/93 g pouch at Food Lion. It seems expensive, but dehydrated veggies and fruits seem to run that way. If anyone cares, they are Non-GMO Project verified as well, a tall order with vegetable oil these days. Highly recommended. 

I also really like Trader Joe's Green Bean Chips. I tried some from the Asian market before it went out of business that weren't as good as T.J.'s because they were harder, especially in spots, than T.J.'s product. I almost bought a huge tub of green bean snacks about the size of T.J.'s tubbed cookies at Harris Teeter. This was a bulk product with no branding except HT. I might give them a try next time. They seemed a bargain if they are any good. Has anyone tried the ones sold in the Harris Teeter produce department in big clear tubs?

Another thing that's an excellent if kinda expensive healthy snack is T.J.'s dehydrated strawberries.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think the strawberries say they are freeze dried. That may be the case with the pea and green bean snacks too?

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

Today I picked up a new to me product, Harvest Snaps Snapea Crisps. They are made by Calbee, North America and give a Boardman, OR address. I tried them tonight, and these are really, really good. The ingredients are: green peas, vegetable oil, rice, salt, calcium carbonate and Vitamin C. They are crunchy, but tender and made from what I think are whole dehydrated sugar snap pea pods. They claim, they're baked, but I'd call it more like dehydrated. The rice flour coating is thin. Maybe they are lightly baked after the peas are dehydrated and coated with rice flour? I paid $2.09 for a 3.3 oz/93 g pouch at Food Lion. It seems expensive, but dehydrated veggies and fruits seem to run that way. If anyone cares, they are Non-GMO Project verified as well, a tall order with vegetable oil these days. Highly recommended. 

I also really like Trader Joe's Green Bean Chips. I tried some from the Asian market before it went out of business that weren't as good as T.J.'s because they were harder, especially in spots, than T.J.'s product. I almost bought a huge tub of green bean snacks about the size of T.J.'s tubbed cookies at Harris Teeter. This was a bulk product with no branding except HT. I might give them a try next time. They seemed a bargain if they are any good. Has anyone tried the ones sold in the Harris Teeter produce department in big clear tubs?

Another thing that's an excellent if kinda expensive healthy snack is T.J.'s dehydrated strawberries.