• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

I may have found my favorite Treader Joe's "product."  Well, it's not a Trader Joe's product per se, but a product sold via Trader Joe's.  And I hadn't seen it before, but when perusing the frozen seafood section a couple weeks ago, i came across these:

image.thumb.png.bf92cb917de39aab5380a1585c307a7f.png

Referring, of course, to the Japanese sea scallops.  Allegedly from Hokkaido, where some of the best scallops in the world come from, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the bag and it had that faint, sweet sea smell of scallops.  They are actually quite good.  And at about $18/lb., very reasonable.

weinoo

weinoo

I may have found my favorite Treader Joe's "product."  Well, it;'s not a Trader Joe's product per se, but a product sold via Trader Joe's.  And I hadn't seen it before, b ut when perusing the frozen seafood section a couple weeks ago, i came across these:

image.thumb.png.bf92cb917de39aab5380a1585c307a7f.png

Referring, of course, to the Japanese sea scallops.  Allegedly from Hokkaido, where some of the best scallops in the world come from, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the bag and it had that faint, sweet sea smell of scallops.  They are actually quite good.  And at about $18/lb., very reasonable.