• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

clarification

A few new-to-me TJ's items:

1EEA7DF4-D300-488A-A013-3143AF0F0DBE_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.fcc26ce032cac502ff85f2779e592764.jpeg

The TJ's label barrel proof bourbon is $29.99.  I'm not a bourbon expert but thought it was very nice.  Surprisingly smooth for something with that proof. No age statement.  It's a limited release.  I heard about it last year but didn't manage to snag any.  Went back this AM to get another bottle. 

The Caramel Coffee Almonds aren't a new item but I noticed them for the first on this shopping trip when I was looking for the Maple Almonds that are now gone. These are nice nibble with a little caffeine buzz.  They put a little silica gel packet in the bag so the coating stays crisp rather than sticky.  

The Syrah Soaked Toscano Cheese Spread & Dip is a limited time item.  Unlike the Unexpected Cheddar Spread, which is like that cheese converted into a Modernist Cheez Whiz, this one has cream cheese, garlic and parsley added so it's not as luxuriously smooth.  Seems more like a Boursin-type mixture made with shreds of Toscano cheese mixed in.

I will add my annual reminder that the TJ's Reserve Brut North Coast Sparkling Wines, are back for their annual appearance in regular and rosé versions at the usual $9.99/bottle.  I always stock up on the rosé for celebrations throughout the year. It generally disappears by Christmas or a day or so after.  The wine guy at my store said the rosé is especially good this year.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

A few new-to-me TJ's items:

1EEA7DF4-D300-488A-A013-3143AF0F0DBE_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.fcc26ce032cac502ff85f2779e592764.jpeg

The TJ's label barrel proof bourbon is $29.99.  I'm not a bourbon expert but thought it was very nice.  Surprisingly smooth for something with that proof. No age statement.  It's a limited release.  I heard about it last year but didn't manage to snag any.  Went back this AM to get another bottle. 

The Caramel Coffee Almonds aren't a new item but I noticed them for the first on this shopping trip when I was looking for the Maple Almonds that are now gone. These are nice nibble with a little caffeine buzz.  They put a little silica gel packet in the bag so the coating stays crisp rather than sticky.  

The Syrah Soaked Toscano Cheese Spread & Dip is a limited time item.  Unlike the Unexpected Cheddar Spread, which is like that cheese converted into a Modernist Cheez Whiz, this one has cream cheese, garlic and parsley added so it's not as luxuriously smooth.  Seems more like a Boursin-type mixture made with Toscano cheese. 

I will add my annual reminder that the TJ's Reserve Brut North Coast Sparkling Wines, are back for their annual appearance in regular and rosé versions at the usual $9.99/bottle.  I always stock up on the rosé for celebrations throughout the year. It generally disappears by Christmas or a day or so after.  The wine guy at my store said the rosé is especially good this year.