• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

@rotuts and other TJ's winos, you many want to look for this Trader Joe's Diamond Cabernet from the Napa Valley.  It's $20/bottle.  At my store, they were limiting it to 1 bottle per person and said they didn't have much.  

My wine guy raved about it and said it was a $100 bottle of wine.  Maybe call and see if your store has it. 

IMG_1698.thumb.jpeg.17417d36da2ca69bbd88b74eb6223ab1.jpeg

IMG_1697.thumb.jpeg.e592f0c5c648d2c23f8d286f6afdf4d6.jpeg

Edited to add that this is the first "Diamond Reserve" and also the most expensive TJ's label wine they have offered.  Their Platinum Reserve wines are priced at ~ $15.  I generally try them, even if it's not a wine that I normally gravitate to and they are usually very good.  With the other TJ Reserve wines, I stick with my preferences, taking advice from the staff to pick others. 

Edited again to add that my TJ's wine guy recommended letting it breathe for at least half an hour.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

@rotuts and other TJ's winos, you many want to look for this Trader Joe's Diamond Cabernet from the Napa Valley.  It's $20/bottle.  At my store, they were limiting it to 1 bottle per person and said they didn't have much.  

My wine guy raved about it and said it was a $100 bottle of wine.  Maybe call and see if your store has it. 

Edited to add that this is the first "Diamond Reserve" and also the most expensive TJ's label wine they have offered.  Their Platinum Reserve wines are priced at ~ $15.  I generally try them, even if it's not a wine that I normally gravitate to and they are usually very good.  With the other TJ Reserve wines, I stick with my preferences, taking advice from the staff to pick others. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

@rotuts and other TJ's winos, you many want to look for this Trader Joe's Platinum Cabernet from the Napa Valley.  It's $20/bottle.  At my store, they were limiting it to 1 bottle per person and said they didn't have much.