• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

two recent cheeses from TJ's   aging in the ' cave '  [ed.:  cabinet shelf in the kitchen ] as I type :

59285677_TJBrie.thumb.jpg.a547428bebe774c82c38bd74a037f50e.jpg

the square ' soft ripened cheese ' is from FR and very Brie like.   a bit bland on a DemoDay , but the flavor improved nicely after about 10 days in the ' cave '  N.B. : its cold in the kitchen these days

the second I would not have tried as I tend to not get flavored cheese.  it was Demo'D today and was nice.   garlic and herbs  , not over done . Brie-like

from Wisconsin   

O.o

niot FR

seems like it will also age in the Cave nicely , based on the temp in the Kitchen

rotuts

rotuts

two recent cheeses from TJ's   aging in the ' cave '  [ed.:  cabinet shelf in the kitchen ] as I type :

59285677_TJBrie.thumb.jpg.a547428bebe774c82c38bd74a037f50e.jpg

the square ' soft ripened cheese ' is from FR and very Brie like.   a bit bland on a DemoDay , but the flavor improved nicely after about 10 days in the ' cave '  N.B. : its cold in the kitchen these days

the second I would not have tried as I tend to not get flavored cheese.  it was Demo'd today and was nice.   garlic and herbs  , not over done . Brie-like

from Wisconsin   

O.o

niot FR

seems like it will also age in the Cave nicely , based on the temp in the Kitchen