• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

Peet's has a "Small Batch" subscription program in which I'm taking part.  Each month I get a pound of coffee, each different and, thus far, enjoyable and interesting.  For me, however, the pound doesn't last but about three weeks.  I've been supplementing my subscription by buying interesting-looking coffee at TJ's.  It's a price thing as well as a way of exploring and possibly discovering a jewel of a blend.

This was my recent purchase at $8.99 for 13 ounces. It's one of the nicer TJ's coffees I've tried.  More complex and aromatic than the others, with subtle hints of, I think, blueberry and citrus. 

If you're looking for a budget coffee that punches above its weight class, this blend is worth considering.  Or, if you just want a good cuppa Joe, regardless of price, this is worth a look, tool. In any case, I like it ... 👍

ethiopiq.jpg.0a8bfa08ef65292546c00bde0e7352d0.jpg

Shel_B

Shel_B

Peet's has a "Small Batch" subscription program in which I'm taking part.  Each month I get a pound of coffee, each different and, thus far, enjoyable and interesting.  For me, however, the pound doesn't last but about three weeks.  I've been supplementing my subscription by buying interesting-looking coffee at TJ's.  It's a price thing as well as a way of exploring and possibly discovering a jewel of a blend.

This was my recent purchase at $8.99 for 13 ounces. It's one of the nicer TJ's coffees I've tried.  More complex and aromatic than the others, with subtle hints of, I think, blueberry and citrus. 

If you're looking for a budget coffee that punches above its weight class, this blend should be considered.  OTOH, if you just want a good cuppa Joe, regardless of price, you might want to consider this as well. In any case, I like it ... 👍

ethiopiq.jpg.0a8bfa08ef65292546c00bde0e7352d0.jpg