• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Cyberider

Cyberider

1 hour ago, Shel_B said:

I love these hash brown patties.  The price is great, only $2.79 for a package of ten. Safeway has an almost identical item - curiously called TJ Farms - for $4.79.  These are WAY better than the MacDonald's patties.  I cook mine in the Breville Smart Oven.

They're very popular at the local TJ's.  Last week I saw a woman with a dozen packages in her cart.

TJBrowns.jpg.a35e6ec8ba7c728dda685b8209ee27ae.jpg

I like them too but unless I get there later in the day after their frozen food truck has been there, they're always sold out.  It's too hot here in the Phoenix area for a non-driver to go out grocery shopping other than first thing in the morning so I'm out of luck until Fall.  In the meantime, I've been making my own which don't compare with theirs, even though the only ingredients according to the package are potatoes, oil, and salt.  Anyone have a recipe to emulate TJ's?

Cyberider

Cyberider

39 minutes ago, Shel_B said:

I love these hash brown patties.  The price is great, only $2.79 for a package of ten. Safeway has an almost identical item - curiously called TJ Farms - for $4.79.  These are WAY better than the MacDonald's patties.  I cook mine in the Breville Smart Oven.

They're very popular at the local TJ's.  Last week I saw a woman with a dozen packages in her cart.

TJBrowns.jpg.a35e6ec8ba7c728dda685b8209ee27ae.jpg

I like them too but unless I get there later in the day after their frozen food truck has been there, they're always sold out.  It's too hot here in the Phoenix area for a non-driver to go out grocery shopping other than first thing in the morning so I'm out of luck until Fall.  In the meantime, I've been making my own which don't compare with there's, even though the only ingredients according to the package are potatoes, oil, and salt.  Anyone have a recipe to emulate TJ's?