• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

2 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Thanks for the tip, I picked up a bottle. Mine had a harvest date of April-Jun 2023 so around 6 months older than the olive oil I have from Katz Farm and Frantoio Grove here in California. I must arrange a tasting 🙃

Also, TJ's has Mobay cheese once again @ $6.99/5 oz piece. That's the Wisconsin cheese with layers of goat and sheep cheese separated by a layer of ash and the name is a play on the French Morbier which is a cow's milk cheese but also features that ash streak. 

I'll be using the Red Island oil later today and I'm anxious to give it a try.  This will be the first Australian oil I've tried.

Your description of the Mobay cheese reminds me of Humboldt Fog, one of my favorite goat cheeses which, last time I checked, was available at Costco.

HumboldtFog.jpg.06b17cf87b2d9a43feb64df3f4115a3f.jpg

Shel_B

Shel_B

2 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Thanks for the tip, I picked up a bottle. Mine had a harvest date of April-Jun 2023 so around 6 months older than the olive oil I have from Katz Farm and Frantoio Grove here in California. I must arrange a tasting 🙃

Also, TJ's has Mobay cheese once again @ $6.99/5 oz piece. That's the Wisconsin cheese with layers of goat and sheep cheese separated by a layer of ash and the name is a play on the French Morbier which is a cow's milk cheese but also features that ash streak. 

I'll be using the Red Island oil later today and I'm anxious to give it a try.  This will be the first Australian oil I've tried.

Your description of the Mobay cheese reminds me of Humboldt Fog, one of my favorite goat cheeses.

HumboldtFog.jpg.06b17cf87b2d9a43feb64df3f4115a3f.jpg