• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

18 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

My husband loves maple syrup but he's also very frugal, so for years we've settled for TJ's brand, since really great stuff from Vermont is valued in gold bars. Then all of a sudden they didn't have it and he purchased something else, admittedly better. When the TJ's syrup returned to the shelves he bought that. Both of us agreed that it was not the same as it used to be. It seemed overly sweet and thin, like watered down. Is it us or is it them? If you have been using TJ's maple syrup have you had a similar experience with the stuff now on their shelves?

Is the new syrup Grade A or Grade A very dark?  

I've not purchased much maple syrup over the years, but recently found some new uses for it and have been reading comments and reviews.  I seems that quite a few folks are not satisfied with the current TJ's offering.  Some reviews mentioned that they ended up with Grade A when they thought they were getting the darker grade.

Shel_B

Shel_B

9 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

My husband loves maple syrup but he's also very frugal, so for years we've settled for TJ's brand, since really great stuff from Vermont is valued in gold bars. Then all of a sudden they didn't have it and he purchased something else, admittedly better. When the TJ's syrup returned to the shelves he bought that. Both of us agreed that it was not the same as it used to be. It seemed overly sweet and thin, like watered down. Is it us or is it them? If you have been using TJ's maple syrup have you had a similar experience with the stuff now on their shelves?

Is the new syrup Grade A or Grade B?  

I've not purchased much maple syrup over the years, but recently found some new uses for it and have been reading comments and reviews.  I seems that quite a few folks are not satisfied with the current TJ's offering.  Some reviews mentioned that they ended up with Grade A when they thought they were getting Grade B.