• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

The other Sven

The other Sven

Ok, first time sharing some of my baking efforts. I made the Almond Cake with the poached pears from Mark Bitman's NYT recipe. (ok, I just checked and Bitman actually credits Molly Wizenberg from the food blog Orangette for the cake recipe)

I really love that cake. It uses finely ground almonds, a lemon and an orange (boiled and processed to a paste) and a good amount of olive oil. Of course the port reduction you poach the pears in doesn't hurt. 

P1100561-s.thumb.jpg.ab8911c579c98c012e76a9ae518aeecd.jpg

The other Sven

The other Sven

Ok, first time sharing some of my baking efforts. I made the Almond Cake with the poached pears from Mark Bitman's NYT recipe. 

I really love that cake. It uses finely ground almonds, a lemon and an orange (boiled and processed to a paste) and a good amount of olive oil. Of course the port reduction you poach the pears in doesn't hurt. 

P1100561-s.thumb.jpg.ab8911c579c98c012e76a9ae518aeecd.jpg