• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

On 11/21/2018 at 2:56 PM, Tri2Cook said:

I prefer the regular version myself (with the disclaimer that I've only tried the chocolate version once) but I agree, nice looking pie.

It was the first time I'd tried it and basically it was a chocolate pie with  a lot of pecans in it.  Everyone said it was good though. Another chocolate pecan pie that was a fad this year was one made with bourbon. I passed on making that one because there were some very small kids there.

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

On 11/21/2018 at 2:56 PM, Tri2Cook said:

I prefer the regular version myself (with the disclaimer that I've only tried the chocolate version once) but I agree, nice looking pie.

It was the first time I'd tried it and basically it was a chocolate pie with  a lot of pecans in it.  Everyone said it was good though. Another chocolate pecan pie that was a fad this year was one made with bourbon. I passed on making that one because there were kids there.