• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Pete Fred

Pete Fred

I made some dainty scones (the British kind)...

Scone.thumb.png.625496d4cc0576d4f8cd2bdb1270c895.png

I treated myself to a cream tea using some of the mirabelle jam that I made last year...

CreamTea.thumb.png.3a41c9b88658de62579a602743bbdeee.png

Sadly there's no such thing as clotted cream in these parts. Might have to try making some myself.

(Hmmmm... I've just remembered that a local supermarket occasionally carries an Isigny fromage frais with Madagascan vanilla that might work here, being thick, creamy, and sweet rather than tangy. Will give it a go next time I see it.)

Pete Fred

Pete Fred

I made some dainty scones (the British kind)...

Scone.thumb.png.625496d4cc0576d4f8cd2bdb1270c895.png

I treated myself to a cream tea using some the mirabelle jam that I made last year...

CreamTea.thumb.png.3a41c9b88658de62579a602743bbdeee.png

Sadly there's no such thing as clotted cream in these parts. Might have to try making some myself.

(Hmmmm... I've just remembered that a local supermarket occasionally carries an Isigny fromage frais with Madagascan vanilla that might work here, being thick, creamy, and sweet rather than tangy. Will give it a go next time I see it.)