• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

2 hours ago, Nancy in Pátzcuaro said:

Thanks for those very helpful links. I also use a bread machine on the dough setting but I like the idea of putting the dough in what I assume is a large plastic bag to allow for expansion when rising and letting it rest in the fridge. I'm going to try this the next time I make bread, which will be soon. Normally I make half and half whole wheat and white flour but this time I'm going to use all white bread flour and make that recipe.

N. in P.

Right.  I get the JUMBO HEFTY plastic bags with slider.  They are 2 1/2 gallon so larger than the Zip-Lock bags.  

In fact, I just placed an order earlier today from Target, which is offering "buy 3 get the 4th one free" through the 27th.

So I ordered 4 and they applied the discount automatically in the checkout.

And these boxes have 15 bags each instead of 12 in the regular boxes.

Even with the shipping, these are cheaper than Amazon Prime with free shipping.   I use these all the time.  I keep small gadgets bunched in them by "category" and lids that don't fit my lid racks because of odd shapes, my silicone covers, ingredients in small packages also bunched together and hung up (seasonings in packets especially because they slip down under things) and packets of condiments.

Also socks, scarves, wool items that I want to keep moth-free.  Sweaters folded nicely store in them perfectly. 

etc., etc., etc.  

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 9.26.41 AM.png

andiesenji

andiesenji

Thanks for those very helpful links. I also use a bread machine on the dough setting but I like the idea of putting the dough in what I assume is a large plastic bag to allow for expansion when rising and letting it rest in the fridge. I'm going to try this the next time I make bread, which will be soon. Normally I make half and half whole wheat and white flour but this time I'm going to use all white bread flour and make that recipe.

N. in P.

Right.  I get the JUMBO HEFTY plastic bags with slider.  They are 2 1/2 gallon so larger than the Zip-Lock bags.  

In fact, I just placed an order earlier today from Target, which is offering "buy 3 get the 4th one free" through the 27th.

And these boxes have 15 bags each instead of 12 in the regular bags.

Even with the shipping, these are cheaper than Amazon Prime with free shipping.   I use these all the time.  I keep small gadgets bunched in them by "category" and lids that don't fit my lid racks because of odd shapes, my silicone covers, ingredients in small packages also bunched together and hung up (seasonings in packets especially because they slip down under things) and packets of condiments.

Also socks, scarves, wool items that I want to keep moth-free.  Sweaters folded nicely store in them perfectly. 

etc., etc., etc.  

andiesenji

andiesenji

N. in P.

etc., etc., etc.  

andiesenji

andiesenji

N. in P.

In fact, I just placed an order earlier today from Target, which is offering "buy 3 get the 4th one free"  

etc., etc., etc.