• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Altay.Oro

Altay.Oro

2 hours ago, pastrygirl said:

I don't think she thins it, it may be the particular couverture and settings on the machine.

She's a Callebaut ambassador but I'm not familiar with which of their chocolates are most fluid. 

2 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

So if you put a thin layer of chocolate on top of the slab and cut with the guitar while still wet - it will help a lot with those sharp corners. The coating thickness is determined by the amount of air you blow. And if those earlier pictures are Melissa - then it is a Selmi!

Hi ... I've never seen an enrober. As just a guess ... I think there may be a setting on the enrober for controlling the chocolate flowing rate and the coating thickness can be adjustable in this way.

Do you mean this by the amount of air blowed?

Altay.Oro

Altay.Oro

I don't think she thins it, it may be the particular couverture and settings on the machine.

She's a Callebaut ambassador but I'm not familiar with which of their chocolates are most fluid. 

1 hour ago, Kerry Beal said:

So if you put a thin layer of chocolate on top of the slab and cut with the guitar while still wet - it will help a lot with those sharp corners. The coating thickness is determined by the amount of air you blow. And if those earlier pictures are Melissa - then it is a Selmi!

I've never seen an enrober. As just a guess ... I think there may be a setting on the enrober for controlling the chocolate flowing rate and the coating thickness can be adjustable in this way.

Altay.Oro

Altay.Oro

I've never seen an enrober. As just a guess ... I think there may be a setting on the enrober for controlling the chocolate flowing rate and the thickness can be adjustable in this way.

Altay.Oro

Altay.Oro

I've never used or even never seen an enrober. As just a guess ... I think there may be a setting on the enrober for controlling the chocolate flowing rate and the thickness can be adjustable in this way.