• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Rajala

Rajala

I don't know, I haven't seen it. But I believe no. The cocoa butter I mention is the colored cocoa butter. But anyone who has taken his course could shed some light on your questions.

The leftover chocolate is probably in a bowl or something? There will be more heat to get the chocolate out of temper than what you have in your moulds. Regarding the shells/bars - it depends on the temperature you're working with. Bars contains more chocolate and generate more heat when the crystals set, and it might be helpful to put them in a fridge after around 10 minutes, for 10 minutes.

Edit: Better answer above my post. :D 

Rajala

Rajala

I don't know, I haven't seen it. But I believe no. The cocoa butter I mention is the colored cocoa butter. But anyone who has taken his course could shed some light on your questions.

The leftover chocolate is probably in a bowl or something? There will be more heat to get the chocolate out of temper than what you have in your moulds. Regarding the shells/bars - it depends on the temperature you're working with. Bars contains more chocolate and generate more heat when the crystals set, and it might be helpful to put them in a fridge after around 10 minutes, for 10 minutes.