• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jamal12

Jamal12

Adding pic

On 5/4/2017 at 11:25 PM, Bentley said:

A member recently posted a picture of a chocolate from Instagram and asked for tips on how to achieve the same look.  I know I've made one or two similar posts before.  

It inspired me to create this thread.  I always find beautiful chocolates on the web and wonder "how did they do that?"  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  The idea is that you can post a picture of a chocolate bonbon (with proper credit/citation in accordance with forum rules) and members can chime in with their ideas on how to recreate the look. I think it would be educational and a great way to get some inspiration to try some new techniques and ideas.  

I'll start - I've always been fascinated by this chocolatier's work.  It's from Amanda Wright at A519 Chocolates:  

Link

How would you go about doing this one to achieve those white lines and the beautiful variations in tone in the red?

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 4.22.32 PM.png

I am taking an online course with Kirsten Tibbals of savour school and she has done something similar  to this  by piping the flowers with white chocolate and then spraying the red.  That could be the same thing. 

Screenshot_2018-07-13-23-14-03-930.jpeg

Jamal12

Jamal12

Adding pic

A member recently posted a picture of a chocolate from Instagram and asked for tips on how to achieve the same look.  I know I've made one or two similar posts before.  

It inspired me to create this thread.  I always find beautiful chocolates on the web and wonder "how did they do that?"  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  The idea is that you can post a picture of a chocolate bonbon (with proper credit/citation in accordance with forum rules) and members can chime in with their ideas on how to recreate the look. I think it would be educational and a great way to get some inspiration to try some new techniques and ideas.  

I'll start - I've always been fascinated by this chocolatier's work.  It's from Amanda Wright at A519 Chocolates:  

Link

How would you go about doing this one to achieve those white lines and the beautiful variations in tone in the red?

I am taking an online course with Kirsten Tibbals of savour school and she has done something similar  to this  by piping the flowers with white chocolate and then spraying the red.  That could be the same thing. 

Screenshot_2018-07-13-23-12-26-587.jpeg

Jamal12

Jamal12

Link

Jamal12

Jamal12

Link

I am taking an online course with Kirsten Tibbals of savour school and she has done something similar  to this  by painting the flowers with white chocolate and then spraying the red.  That could be the same thing. 

Jamal12

Jamal12

Link

I am taking an online course with Kirsten Tibbals of savour school and she has done something similar  to this  by painting the flowers with white chocolate and then spraying the red.  That could the same the same thing.