• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Bentley

Bentley

On 2/20/2018 at 8:45 PM, Kerry Beal said:

I'd use my little silicone tipped clay tool to scrape then back with yellow. Painting a tiny line is tedious!

When you scrape with a tool - the tool follows the curves really easily and gives a nice line.

IMG_2183.jpg.3914f5975dde54ae89a7fcc5873dd800.jpg

These are done with a quick scrape (or two). 

Those remind me of the Norman Love Black Collection bonbons.  When I went to a class at his factory, they would tell me how they painted any bonbon...except the Black Collection.  They said that was a secret.  :)  I eventually figured it out.  I use a cosmetic tool that looks like a q-tip but is pointed and firmer.  Whatever tool you choose for scraping, just make sure you're not damaging the mold.

Bentley

Bentley

On 2/20/2018 at 8:45 PM, Kerry Beal said:

I'd use my little silicone tipped clay tool to scrape then back with yellow. Painting a tiny line is tedious!

When you scrape with a tool - the tool follows the curves really easily and gives a nice line.

IMG_2183.jpg.3914f5975dde54ae89a7fcc5873dd800.jpg

These are done with a quick scrape (or two). 

Those remind me of the Norman Love Black Collection bonbons.  When I went to a class at his factory, they would tell me how they painted any bonbon...except the Black Collection.  They said that was a secret.  :)  I eventually figured it out.  I use a cosmetic tool that looks like a q-tip but is pointed and firmer.