• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Bentley

Bentley

A member recently posted a picture of a chocolate from Instagram and asked for tips on how to achieve the same look.  I know I've made one or two similar posts before.  

It inspired me to create this thread.  I always find beautiful chocolates on the web and wonder "how did they do that?"  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  The idea is that you can post a picture of a chocolate bonbon (with proper credit/citation in accordance with forum rules) and members can chime in with their ideas on how to recreate the look. I think it would be educational and a great way to get some inspiration to try some new techniques and ideas.  

I'll start - I've always been fascinated by this chocolatier's work.  It's from Amanda Wright at A519 Chocolates:  

Link

How would you go about doing this one to achieve those white lines and the beautiful variations in tone in the red?

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 4.22.32 PM.png

Bentley

Bentley

A member recently posted a picture of a chocolate from Instagram and asked for tips on how to achieve the same look.  I know I've made one or two similar posts before.  

It inspired me to create this thread.  I always find beautiful chocolates on the web and wonder "how did they do that?"  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  The idea is that you can post a picture of a chocolate bonbon (with proper credit/citation in accordance with forum rules) and members can chime in with their ideas on how to recreate the look. I think it would be educational and a great way to get some inspiration to try some new techniques and ideas.  

I'll start - I've always been fascinated by this chocolatier's work.  It's from Amanda Wright at A519 Chocolates:  

Link

How would you go about doing this one?

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 4.22.32 PM.png