• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

eugenep

eugenep

speeeling error

54 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Her 4-episode show on Netflix, titled and based on her book, is entertaining and I have learned a few things watching it. I believe I've watched it through about 4 times. I'm not a baker, certainly not a bread baker, but every time I watch the foccottia being made I think I should try that. I most likely never will.

I wasn't a fan of the book because it was too wordy for me and I'd rather get the analysis upfront etc. 

But I also watched the Netflix series and it was good and I wanted to make focaccia  bread when I saw it. 

I used this Cook's Illustrated recipe and the work is like 15 min or so - super easy (1 day to ferment) 

It tastes great and I baked 4 of them for this dinner party as an appetizer 

not a fan of the book but liked the show and it motivated me to finally do the focaccia and it's a bread I'll probably keep in my repertoire 

eugenep

eugenep

49 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Her 4-episode show on Netflix, titled and based on her book, is entertaining and I have learned a few things watching it. I believe I've watched it through about 4 times. I'm not a baker, certainly not a bread baker, but every time I watch the foccottia being made I think I should try that. I most likely never will.

I wasn't a fan of the book because it was too wordy for me and I'd rather get the analysis upfront etc. 

But I also watched the Netflix series and it was good and I wanted to make focaccia  bread when I saw it. 

I used this Cook's Illustrated recipe and the work is like 15 min or so - super easy (1 day to ferment) 

It tastes great and I baked 4 of them for this dinner party as an appetizer 

not a fan of the book but liked the show and it motivated me to finally do the focaccia and it's a bread I'll probably keep as my repertoire