• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SJMitch

SJMitch

Dinner was this vegetarian dish from Sun Basket: Quinoa, white bean, and zucchini fritters with tomato and peach salad

IMG_20170629_204819-002.thumb.jpg.80341944e9911f588fd66f646f1812f8.jpg

Sauce is tahini and lemon.  I made no additions this time, but cooked the quinoa in my rice cooker for convenience (always comes out perfect).  I had thought I made a big mistake: the instructions called for shredding the zucchini and then wringing out the water before mixing it into the batter.  I missed the wringing out part and put it in wet.  I worried when I read the side-bar on the recipe about how important this was to getting a good crust.  But the very wet batter fried up just fine!  Very tasty!  we really liked this one.

Oh, but you know what would have been even better in the salad?  Mint instead of basil.

SJMitch

SJMitch

Dinner was this vegetarian dish from Sun Basket: Quinoa, white bean, and zucchini fritters with tomato and peach salad

Sauce is tahini and lime.  I made no additions this time, but cooked the quinoa in my rice cooker for convenience (always comes out perfect).  I had thought I made a big mistake: the instructions called for shredding the zucchini and then wringing out the water before mixing it into the batter.  I missed the wringing out part and put it in wet.  I worried when I read the side-bar on the recipe about how important this was to getting a good crust.  But the very wet batter fried up just fine!  Very tasty!  we really liked this one.

Oh, but you know what would have been even better in the salad?  Mint instead of basil.

SJMitch

SJMitch

Sauce is tahini and lime.  I made no additions this time, but cooked the quinoa in my rice cooker for convenience (always comes out perfect).  I had thought I made a big mistake: the instructions called for shredding the zucchini and then wringing out the water before mixing it into the batter.  I missed the wringing out part and put it in wet.  I worried when I read the side-bar on the recipe about how important this was to getting a good crust.  But the very wet batter fried up just fine!  Very tasty!  we really liked this one.