• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

On 4/26/2017 at 5:42 AM, Anna N said:

Beans in a tetrapack? Interesting. Have not seen that before. 

My local Whole Foods has been selling beans in tetra packs for many years.  The other groceries around me only have them in cans.

So, here are the other TB12 meals from this week.  Wednesday we had BBQ jackfruit over green chili polenta with a collard green apple-radish slaw

jackfruit.thumb.jpg.6219e918c4f627e9edf84c33de341aec.jpg

This was my first time cooking with jackfruit.  I guess vegans use it as a sub for pulled pork.  It was interesting.  I would not go out of my way to seek out more, but I would eat it again.  The polenta and slaw were tasty.

Last night we had Thai green curry vegetables over lemongrass-ginger quinoa with a tomato-Thai basil salad and tamari almond garnish

590324ece2e78_curryquinoa.thumb.jpg.5910d595cc2dd46594c704b4281c9b3a.jpg

Very tasty.  The curry had a whole Thai bird chili with seeds so it had a little heat.  The amount of quinoa given was way too much for two people.  I have a container of it in my fridge to be repurposed into some sort of salad later.

Back to non TB12 food until next Tuesday.

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

On 4/26/2017 at 5:42 AM, Anna N said:

Beans in a tetrapack? Interesting. Have not seen that before. 

My local Whole Foods has been selling beans in tetra packs for many years.  The other groceries around me only have them in cans.

So, here are the other TB12 meals from this week.  Wednesday we had BBQ jackfruit over green chili polenta with a collard green-apple-radish slaw

jackfruit.thumb.jpg.6219e918c4f627e9edf84c33de341aec.jpg

This was my first time cooking with jackfruit.  I guess vegans use it as a sub for pulled pork.  It was interesting.  I would not go out of my wy to seek out more, but I would eat it again.  The polenta and slaw were tasty.

Last night we had Thai green curry vegetables over lemongrass-ginger quinoa with a tomato-Thai basil salad and tamari almond garnish

590324ece2e78_curryquinoa.thumb.jpg.5910d595cc2dd46594c704b4281c9b3a.jpg

Very tasty.  The curry had a whole Thai bird chili with seeds so it had a little heat.  The amount of quinoa given was way too much for two people.  I have a container of it in my fridge to be repurposed into some sort of salad later.

Back to regular food until next Tuesday.