• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Hideous typo

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

I don’t eat a lot of watermelon but yours looks quite different from the ones I have seen. The colour is much more intense and the rind much, much thinner. 

I don't eat a lot, either. I kind of overdosed on watermelon when I first came to China. It is everywhere and so cheap.

That was a particularly fine example. Very red! I picked it up at the local market this morning. The rind is a bit thinner than usual for here, but not by much. 

I don't know much about watermelon horticulture, but there are different cultivars. Also, China produces over 60% of the total world supply, so I guess they've got something figured out.

This is a "seedless" variety, although it does have a few tiny. little, yellowish seeds rather than the normal, larger black seeds.

1147246985__20210607202902.thumb.jpg.9f439905fc6886738745b37762e7a55f.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

23 minutes ago, Anna N said:

I don’t eat a lot of watermelon but yours looks quite different from the ones I have seen. The colour is much more intense and the rind much, much thinner. 

I don't eat a lot, either. I kind of overdosed on watermelon when I first came to China. It is everywhere and so cheap.

That was a particularly fine example. Very red! I picked it up at the local market this morning. The rind is a bit thinner than usual for here, but not by much. 

I don't know much about watermelon horticulture, but they're are different cultivars. Also, China produces over 60% of the total world supply, so I guess they've got something figured out.

This is a "seedless" variety, although it does have a few tiny. little, yellowish seeds rather than the normal, larger black seeds.

1147246985__20210607202902.thumb.jpg.9f439905fc6886738745b37762e7a55f.jpg