• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 7/10/2018 at 12:17 AM, blue_dolphin said:

Cool!  They look similar to cherimoyas (Annona cherimoya) that are grown locally here in So Cal. They are usually at the farmers markets from ~ Dec to early spring. Do you know how the flavors compare?

We also get cherimoyas. Yes, they are related and look and  taste similar. I doubt I could differentiate in a blind tasting. The sweet apples are larger. I think thats all there is to it.

liuzhou

liuzhou

8 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

Cool!  They look similar to cherimoyas (Annona cherimoya) that are grown locally here in So Cal. They are usually at the farmers markets from ~ Dec to early spring. Do you know how the flavors compare?

We also get cherimoyas. Yes, they are related and look and  taste similar. I doubt I could differentiate in a blind tasting. The sweet apples are larger. I thinks all there is too it.