• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Today Kerry and I found ourselves in the same area as we were last week. Well she conducted business with the screen printing people I searched for a place to eat. They did not  seem to be much in the area that was not a chain restaurant but I did stumble on this place,  I Love Pho.  I noticed that many of the reviews seemed to be by people with Vietnamese names. When we arrived at the restaurant was crowded with people who looked Vietnamese.   You don't get much better recommendation than that. We both love pho and it was hard to order something other than that  but I think we were both quite satisfied that we had made a good choice.  Mind you I do hope we get back there to try their pho at some point. 

image.jpeg.e4d086385dbd0ecb95521c01b360989a.jpeg

Without a menu to help me out you'll have to bear with me then I don't know the names of these dishes. I know that this was a Cephalopod of some sort!  They were bouncy "cakes" which I quite enjoyed although the sauce was not to my liking. Our server said the sauce was heavy on the shrimp paste and we could order something different if we wanted.  We didn't bother ordering a different sauce.

image.jpeg.28e5a959a3b02285564ec3a4b0d3fab1.jpeg

We both enjoyed a bowl of soup and I chose the beef ribs over broken rice.

image.jpeg.cf5d88d4405c7a1951ed7c26a154408f.jpeg

Kerry chose the grilled chicken and grilled pork with pork floss.

Kerry had tea and I had a Vietnamese iced coffee.

Anna N

Anna N

Today Kerry and I found ourselves in the same area as we were last week. Well she conducted business with the screen printing people I searched for a place to eat. They did not  seem to be much in the area that was not a chain restaurant but I did stumble on this place,  I Love Pho.  I noticed that many of the reviews seemed to be by people with Vietnamese names. When we arrived at the restaurant was crowded with people who looked Vietnamese.   You don't get much better recommendation than that. We both love pho and it was hard to order something other than that  but I think we were both quite satisfied that we had made a good choice.  Mind you I do hope we get back there to try their pho at some point. 

image.jpeg.e4d086385dbd0ecb95521c01b360989a.jpeg

Without a menu to help me out you'll have to bear with me then I don't know the names of these dishes. I know that this was a Cephalopod of some sort!  They were bouncy "cakes" which I quite enjoyed although the sauce was not to my liking. Our server said the sauce was heavy on the shrimp paste and we could order something different if we wanted.  We didn't bother ordering a different sauce.

image.jpeg.28e5a959a3b02285564ec3a4b0d3fab1.jpeg

We both enjoyed a bowl of soup and I chose the beef ribs over broken rice.

image.jpeg.cf5d88d4405c7a1951ed7c26a154408f.jpeg

Kerry chose the grilled chicken and grilled pork with pork floss.

Kerry had tea and I had a Vietnamese iced coffee.

image.jpeg