• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jaymes

Jaymes

I use RG for hot chocolate all the time. No psychedelic trances. I keep it in the freezer along with several boxes of Mayordomo. Don't know why, exactly, just do. I do let it soften in either hot water or hot milk (depending upon whether I want Mexican-style dark hot chocolate, or milk chocolate) before I whip it up. 

Also, I always add some to the pot when I make chili. Don't use up a lot of it that way, though - about a half-disc per two pounds of meat. 

Jaymes

Jaymes

I use RG for hot chocolate all the time. No psychedelic trances. I keep it in the freezer along with several boxes of Mayordomo. Don't know why, exactly, just do. I do let it soften in either hot water or hot milk (depending upon whether I want Mexican-style dark hot chocolate, or milk chocolate) before I whip it up. 

Also, I always add some to the pot when I make chili. Don't use up a lot of it that way, though - about a half-disc per each two pounds of meat.