• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

Chipotle probably added queso to their menu because their main competitor Qdoba has it, and people were asking for it.  I've never had Qdoba's either.  

I'm less likely to go to Qdoba, but when I do,  my preferred order is loaded tortilla soup(Qdoba used to call it Mexican Gumbo.)  It's been a long time since I've been there, quite a while since I've been to Chipotle, as well.  I looked at Qdoba's menu a couple of minutes ago and noticed they have smoked brisket as one of their meat choices.  I don't recall seeing that before, but I may have just forgotten what Qdoba offers.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

Chipotle probably added queso to their menu because their main competitor Qdoba has it, and people were asking for it.  I've never had Qdoba's either.  

I'm less likely to go to Qdoba, but when I do,  my preferred order is loaded tortilla soup(Qdoba used to call it Mexican Gumbo.)  it's been a long time since I've been there, quite a while since I've been to Chipotle, as well.  I looked at Qdoba's menu a couple of minutes ago and noticed they have smoked brisket as one of their meat choices.  I don't recall seeing that before, but I may have just forgotten what Qdoba offers.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

I'm less likely to go to Qdoba, but when I do,  my preferred order is loaded tortilla soup(Qdoba used to call it Mexican Gumbo.)  it's been a long time since I've been there, quite a while since I've been to Chipotle, as well.  I looked at Qdoba's menu a couple of minutes ago and noticed they have smoked brisket as one of their meat choices.  I don't seeing that before, but I may have just forgotten what Qdoba offers.