• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

10 hours ago, paulraphael said:

a bit of raw (unbrowned) ground meat in the pot to clarify the proteins (a Modernist Cuisine technique).

In that case, my mother invented Modernist Cuisine around 1939. Probably what started WW2. It's an ancient technique. The Romans used it.

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 hours ago, paulraphael said:

a bit of raw (unbrowned) ground meat in the pot to clarify the proteins (a Modernist Cuisine technique).

In that case, my mother invented Modernist Cuisine around 1939. Probably what started WW2. It's an ancient technique.

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 hours ago, paulraphael said:

In that case, my mother invented Modernest Cuisine around 1939. It's an ancient technique.