• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

IndyRob

IndyRob

17 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

The price is good these days for beef rib eye steak, and the portion is generous for two. Probably, the steak is a normal cut and just crammed into a heart shaped pink container. Raw meat is quite malleable and boneless rib eye is good. It might pulled off with a T-bone too, with more gaps in the tray. You would have to make sure you showed it off in the container before cooking for the heart presentation, though. As a person who has experienced much consternation at what to give a male for Valentines, I think this is the perfect, brilliant thing. I can't think of a man I know who wouldn't be thrilled with it, but I'm sure there are many vegetarians and beef haters among the male species as well. I would be thrilled with it as a woman too, much more so than candy.

In keeping with my matchless luck, though, this product has come out at a time where Valentines will be pretty much a nonevent for me for the first time I can remember.

The price shown *is* really good.  Our local Meijer is trying out this gag, only without heart shaped packaging.  They just butterfly an otherwise unsuspecting ribeye so it looks like a heart (well, not a real heart of course, but that B.S. shape that we're all told is heart shaped, even though it bears no resemblance to any internal organ - which, when you really come to think about it, is probably just as well).

IndyRob

IndyRob

17 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

The price is good these days for beef rib eye steak, and the portion is generous for two. Probably, the steak is a normal cut and just crammed into a heart shaped pink container. Raw meat is quite malleable and boneless rib eye is good. It might pulled off with a T-bone too, with more gaps in the tray. You would have to make sure you showed it off in the container before cooking for the heart presentation, though. As a person who has experienced much consternation at what to give a male for Valentines, I think this is the perfect, brilliant thing. I can't think of a man I know who wouldn't be thrilled with it, but I'm sure there are many vegetarians and beef haters among the male species as well. I would be thrilled with it as a woman too, much more so than candy.

In keeping with my matchless luck, though, this product has come out at a time where Valentines will be pretty much a nonevent for me for the first time I can remember.

The price shown *is* really good.  Our local Meijer is trying out this gag, only without heart shaped packaging.  They just butterfly an otherwise unsuspecting ribeye so it looks like a heart (well, not a real heart of course, but that B.S. shape that we're all told is heart shaped, even though it bears no resemblance to any internal organ - which when you really come to think about it, is probably just as well).