• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

EvergreenDan

EvergreenDan

I recommend that you buy "The Joy of Mixology" by Gary (aka Gaz) Regan. It has a great intro and also presents a methodology for organizing recipes into families to make them easier to understand and remember.

Also, "The Essential Bartender's Guide" by Robert Hess is a spiral bound (lay-flat) book with lots of simple recipes in an attractive format.

For shakers, I recommend that you call The Boston Shaker in Somerville MA. They can help set you up with good basic bar tools. I am still using the tools that they originally recommended for me, with one exception. I now use two metal "tins" to form a Boston Shaker as I find them easier to open that one metal tin and a pint glass. They also recommended these two books to me (which they also sell).

EvergreenDan

EvergreenDan

I recommend that you buy "The Joy of Mixology" by Gary (aka Gaz) Regan. It has a great intro and also presents a methodology for organizing recipes into families to make them easier to understand and remember.

Also, "The Essential Bartender's Guide" by Robert Hess is a spiral bound (lay-flat) book with lots of simple recipes in an attractive format.

For shakers, I recommend that you call The Boston Shaker in Somerville MA. They can help set you up with good basic bar tools. I am still using the tools that they originally recommended for me, with one exception. I now use to metal "tins" to form a Boston Shaker as I find them easier to open that one metal tin and a pint glass. They also recommended these two books to me (which they also sell).