• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

23 hours ago, kayb said:

H'mm. A thought. Could one do balls of polenta like one does arancini -- surrounding a lump of mozzarella?

Here's one recipe for stuffed hush puppies.

You can put the batter around anything that isn't too wet.  Mozz should work just fine.

When I was little, cook made hushpuppies stuffed with chunks of apple or peach, even dried fruits in the winter.

I have made them with "poppers"  jalapeno peppers stuffed with Mexican cheese inside the hushpuppy coating.

andiesenji

andiesenji

23 hours ago, kayb said:

H'mm. A thought. Could one do balls of polenta like one does arancini -- surrounding a lump of mozzarella?

Here's one recipe for stuffed hush puppies.

You can put the batter around anything that isn't too wet.  Mozz should work just fine.

When I was little, cook made hushpuppies stuffed with chunks of apple or peach, even dried fruits in the winter.

I have made them with "poppers"  jalapeno peppers stuffed with Mexican cheese inside the hushpuppy coating.