• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Yiannos

Yiannos

Hey @weedy would you like me to take a look at your Anova? I have a background in electronics and I repair/restore vintage stereos on top of all of my other pursuits, I'd be happy to see if I could fix it for you. I'm not sure where you are, and also that I am basically a complete internet stranger, but if you want to roll the dice and ship it to me I can go over it as far as I am able and I won't charge you anything, just would be happy to help out if you like. I own an A1 too but have never cracked it open, the big problem with a lot of the modern micro-controlled stuff is that it is close to impossible for someone at home to work on the sometimes microscopic components and IC's with much success. But if there are any cold or cracked solder joints in there or something has come loose, I can in all likelihood get it squared away relatively easily. I mean, it's broken as it is. If you don't want to do this I totally understand, on top of everything else as you mentioned you still have the option to warranty it with the "better" unit. If you get desperate or something though just let me know, I can't guarantee anything but again no problem helping you out if I can.

Yiannos

Yiannos

Hey @weedy, would you like me to take a look at your Anova? I have a background in electronics and I repair/restore vintage stereos on top of all of my other pursuits, I'd be happy to see if I could fix it for you. I'm not sure where you are, and also that I am basically a complete internet stranger, but if you want to roll the dice and ship it to me I can go over it as far as I am able and I won't charge you anything, just would be happy to help out if you like. I own an A1 too but have never cracked it open, the big problem with a lot of the modern micro-controlled stuff is that it is close to impossible for someone at home to work on the sometimes microscopic components and IC's with much success. But if there are any cold or cracked solder joints in there or something has come loose, I can in all likelihood get it squared away relatively easily. I mean, it's broken as it is. If you don't want to do this I totally understand, on top of everything else as you mentioned you still have the option to warranty it with the "better" unit. If you get desperate or something though just let me know, I can't guarantee anything but again no problem helping you out if I can.