• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

21 hours ago, catdaddy said:

Even if you don't mix the fried garlic and shallot into your chili crisp until you eat it,  mixing in the oil they were fried in is next level.

Oh, totally. A while back I used up a bunch of odds and ends to make an "allium oil" that I double strained and kept in the fridge — useful for all sorts of things.

A jar of the Vietnamese pre-crisped shallots and garlic would be a good mix in on lazy nights.

dtremit

dtremit

21 hours ago, catdaddy said:

Even if you don't mix the fried garlic and shallot into your chili crisp until you eat it,  mixing in the oil they were fried in is next level.

Oh, totally. A while back I used up a bunch of odds and ends to make an "allium oil" that I double strained and kept in the fridge — useful for all sorts of things.