• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Not sure this is a remarkable deal but if anyone's in the market for a pair of kitchen shears, the Amazon price on the Kershaw Taskmaster Shears (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) has been bouncing around between $16-19 dollars for a while now - a fair price for a sturdy pair of shears that come apart easily for cleaning by hand or in the dishwasher.  They are identical to the Shun Multi Purpose Shears (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) priced at $54.95. 

I purchased a pair of the Kershaw shears in 2011 @ $39.99 and they've served me well. I thought I lost them and was surprised to be able to replace them at less than half the original cost.  Of course, the old pair resurfaced the very day the new ones arrived.  No complaints though, a second pair will be handy. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Not sure this is a remarkable deal but if anyone's in the market for a pair of kitchen shears, the Amazon price on the Kershaw Taskmaster Shears (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) has been bouncing around between $16-19 dollars for a while now - a fair price for a sturdy pair of shears that come apart easily for cleaning by hand or in the dishwasher.  They are identical to the Shun Multi Purpose Shears (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) priced at $54.95. 

I purchased a pair of the Kershaw shears in 2011 @ $39.99 and they've served me well. I thought I lost them and was surprised to be able to replace them at less than half the original cost.  Of course, the old pair resurfaced the very day the new ones arrived.  No complaints though, a second pair will be handy.