• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I sat up way too late last night watching the movie "Hell or High Water" (which does include one short but hilarious food-related scene) and woke up late. I have awarded myself a couple of months off work, so it didn't matter.

As planned, I wandered out to my local xiao long bao shop for my usual. The woman in charge apologised, but she had run out of the aforementioned bao and, as it was so late, it wasn't really on to make more. She did, however, offer me some of her only other menu choice: pork and green onion jiaozi

Somewhat disappointed, but understanding her take on things, I purchased her jiaozi, but decided to take them home to eat. It is a little bit chilly and by the time I arrived home and sorted myself out, the jiaozi had cooled somewhat. Just the situation I recently bought my first ever micro-nuke-machine for. A minute at medium power and they were piping hot again.

Would still have preferred xiao long bao. No more midnight movies, for me.

20161228_140308.jpg

Just noticed a hairline crack on my plate. At the 7 o'clock position. Hmmm.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I sat up way too late last night watching the movie "Hell or High Water" (which does include one short but hilarious food-related scene) and woke up late. I have awarded myself a couple of months off work, so it didn't matter.

As planned, I wandered out to my local xiao long bao shop for my usual. The woman in charge apologised, but she had run out of the aforementioned bao and, as it was so late, it wasn't really on to make more. She did, however, offer my some of her only other menu choice: pork and green onion jiaozi

Somewhat disappointed, but understanding her take on things, I purchased her jiaozi, but decided to take them home to eat. It is a little bit chilly and by the time I arrived home and sorted myself out, the jiaozi had cooled somewhat. Just the situation I recently bought my first ever micro-nuke-machine for. A minute at medium power and they were piping hot again.

Would still have preferred xiao long bao. No more midnight movies, for me.

20161228_140308.jpg

Just noticed a hairline crack on my plate. At the 7 o'clock position. Hmmm.