• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

PatrickT

PatrickT

I found a recipe for sprouted whole wheat in a cookbook from the early 80’s and just knew I had to try it. I converted the original yeasted recipe to sourdough, which produced a wonderful loaf. The recipe calls for 50% whole wheat, whole milk instead of water, and alfalfa sprouts, of all things! The result is a deliciously tangy, nutty, and moist loaf worthy of any sandwich fixings. The original recipe was a first place winner at our State Fair - and I can certainly see why.

IMG_5533.jpeg

IMG_5536.jpeg

IMG_5537.jpeg

PatrickT

PatrickT

I found a recipe for sprouted whole wheat in a cookbook from the early 80’s and just knew I had to try it. I converted the original yeasted recipe to sourdough, which produced a wonderful loaf. The recipe calls for 50% whole wheat, whole milk instead of water, and alfalfa sprouts, of all things! The result is a deliciously tangy, nutty, and moist loaf worthy of any sandwich fixings. The original recipe was a first place winner at our State Fair - and I can certainly see why.

IMG_5533.jpeg

IMG_5536.jpeg