• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

14 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

Do they freeze well

They do freeze well although I never seem to have enough left over to freeze.

If you don't like the sweetness perhaps you would prefer the char siu boa that I posted a while back. The dough is very similar to the one that I use regularly for my stuffed meat buns. The one advantage of this recipe is that the filling and the dough always come out even. I've made them from tiny golf ball size, (a real PITA), to croquet size balls and the filling still comes out even. I've also used the same recipe with ground pork and ground beef instead of the diced pork.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

4 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

Do they freeze well

They do freeze well although I never seem to have enough left over to freeze.

If you don't like the sweetness perhaps you would prefer the char sui boa that I posted a while back. The dough is very similar to the one that I use regularly for my stuffed meat buns. The one advantage of this recipe is that the filling and the dough always come out even. I've made them from tiny golf ball size, (a real PITA), to croquet size balls and the filling still comes out even. I've also used the same recipe with ground pork and ground beef instead of the diced pork.