• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

45 minutes ago, lemniscate said:

Amen!   I'm on a summer sabbatical from bread baking now.   I will patronize the local bakeries for bread for the next couple months.  They can deal with the oven heat better.

Thankfully I always have some baguettes in the freezer.

It has cooled off enough to bake.  Started a batch of dough last night and left out on the counter until

3:30 this morning. Last baguette out of the oven before 6 AM. 

BaguettesOvernightfermentationJuly14th2023.thumb.jpg.60172c6dc939e4a95db3498cc418dc66.jpg

Baked six baguettes. 

BaguettesOvernightfermentationJuly14th20231.thumb.jpg.1c4c481c776da67c5aac36e94d01589d.jpg

Edited to add Crumb Photo

Ann_T

Ann_T

10 minutes ago, lemniscate said:

Amen!   I'm on a summer sabbatical from bread baking now.   I will patronize the local bakeries for bread for the next couple months.  They can deal with the oven heat better.

Thankfully I always have some baguettes in the freezer.

It has cooled off enough to bake.  Started a batch of dough last night and left out on the counter until

3:30 this morning. Last baguette out of the oven before 6 AM. 

BaguettesOvernightfermentationJuly14th2023.thumb.jpg.60172c6dc939e4a95db3498cc418dc66.jpg

Baked six baguettes.