• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

@Ann_T when you mention on the counter all day - what ambient temp range is your norm.  Thanks also for posting that 100% hydration one-off. I got close to that accidentally the other day. Just no-knead with white whole wheat flour as there were just a couple spoons left in the white AP bag. I walked away halfway when adding water and got confused realized i'd portioned out almost double water. I noticed the dough was super wet so I stopped . Thought would be a bust  After overnight plus on counter I gave it a try. The dough was quite wet but it held together easily more than usual. Quite elastic. Very tasty both  untoasted (image) and toasted. Lightly sour/nutty. 

IMG_1882.jpg

heidih

heidih

@Ann_T when you mention on the counter all ay - what ambient temp range is your norm.  Thanks also for posting that 100% hydration one-off. I got close to that accidentally the other day. Just no-knead with white whole wheat flour as there were just a couple spoons left in the white AP bag. I walked away halfway when adding water and got confused realized i'd portioned out almost double water. I noticed the dough was super wet so I stopped . Thought would be a bust  After overnight plus on counter I gave it a try. The dough was quite wet but it held together easily more than usual. Quite elastic. Very tasty both  untoasted (image) and toasted. Lightly sour/nutty. 

IMG_1882.jpg