• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

6 hours ago, PatrickT said:

I went hunting and discovered

I grew up in the house that my father was born in and we had a bucket just like this in our store room. I never knew what it was for. Now I know that it was how my grandmother made bread. She said that she used to make 10 loaves of bread twice a week. I always wondered how she kneaded that much bread because she was barely four foot 10. She also churned her own butter for all that bread.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

6 hours ago, PatrickT said:

I went hunting and discovered

I grew up in the house that my father was born in and we had a bucket just like this in our store room. I never knew what it was for. Now I know that it was how my grandmother made bread. She said that she used to make 10 loaves of bread twice a week. I always wondered how she kneaded that much bread because she was barely four foot 10.