• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

3 hours ago, PatrickT said:

I'm working on a couple of things. Firstly, FoodGeek just posted a recipe and video on making a regular sourdough loaf using an apple starter.

Oh, yes, I've seen other starters on some of the sourdough FB groups  that use grapes and other fruits.   It wasn't something that interested me.  I have enough trouble remembering to feed the two that I maintain now.   Will look forward though to seeing what loaves you come up with.  

Ann_T

Ann_T

38 minutes ago, PatrickT said:

I'm working on a couple of things. Firstly, FoodGeek just posted a recipe and video on making a regular sourdough loaf using an apple starter.

Oh, yes, I've seen other starters on some of the sourdough FB groups  that use grapes and other fruits.   It wasn't something that interested me.  I have enough trouble remembering to feed the two that I maintain now.   Will look forward though to seeing what loaves your come up with.