• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

PatrickT

PatrickT

The gluten-free Quick Crusty Boule recipe from Aran Goyoaga Bakes Simple. Made from ingredients many of which I have never even heard of. 😂 I made this for some guests we’re having for dinner tonight. She is gluten-free and he is vegetarian. The main dish is a delicious artichoke Parmesan lasagna with olives and sun-dried tomatoes (made with gluten-free lasagna noodles, of course). Very anxious to sample this bread. 

EDIT: This was really delicious, I must say. Very dense, but the crumb was so wonderfully soft and the crust was amazingly crunchy. Total bake time was 1.5 hrs at 450F, which seemed insanely long to me at that temp - but I trusted her recipe and it was indeed spot on. Amazing. I would make this again anytime! Crumb shot added below. 

4BC25A21-8172-486E-AE40-E94F8737464C.jpeg

CA4E6DA7-B021-452B-987B-CF4A77809D63.jpeg

PatrickT

PatrickT

The gluten-free Quick Crusty Boule recipe from Aran Goyoaga Bakes Simple. Made from ingredients many of which I have never even heard of. 😂 I made this for some guests we’re having for dinner tonight. She is gluten-free and he is vegetarian. The main dish is a delicious artichoke Parmesan lasagna with olives and sun-dried tomatoes (made with gluten-free lasagna noodles, of course). Very anxious to sample this bread. 

PatrickT

PatrickT

The gluten-free Quick Crusty Boule recipe from Aran Goyoaga Bakes Simple. Made

from ingredients many of which I have never even heard of. 😂 I made this for some guests we’re having for dinner tonight. She is gluten-free and he is vegetarian. The main dish is a delicious artichoke Parmesan lasagna with olives and sun-dried tomatoes (made with gluten-free lasagna noodles, of course). Very anxious to sample this bread.